Almost started the roof

This weekend started off rough.  I was planning to work on the trailer over the 4 day weekend, but my Friday holiday turned into a 12 hour work day.  Saturday I put a 1/2 day into the trailer since we were having family over for a BBQ.  Even with the interuptions, I make okay progress.

 

I started out wiring the exterior lights.  I had issues with one running light and one tail light that I was quickly able to fix.  The way it sits all of the lights are connected and tested, but still need to be caulked.

20140831_103233_resized 20140831_103237_resized

 

 

 

 

20140831_103248_resized

 

 

 

 

 

Next I went to work on the interior walls.  The passenger side wall is up and the window is cutout.  I was also able to get the ceiling in.

20140831_145442_resized 20140831_145457_resized

 

 

 

 

20140831_145500_resized

 

 

 

 

 

I was hoping to get started on the roof today and almost made it.  I got the first section of roof insulated and as I was getting the first piece of OSB in place it started to rain.  I was just able to get the trailer tarped before it really started coming down, but that ended my day of work.

We have a birthday party on tomorrow, so if it’s nice in the morning I’ll either work on the remaining interior walls or the roof.

 

Siding up & truck problems

Tuesday started off rough.  As I headed off to Home Depot for luan & insulation my truck broke down in the driveway.  I’m thinking it’s the lift pump, but this really side tracked my planned tasks for the day.  After I had the truck towed, I began to pick away at some smaller jobs.

I started with fixing the hole the previous owner put in the front of the trailer.  For this I used Bondo long hair filler to fill the gaping wound, standard body filler as a skim coat, and glazing putty to fill the pin holes.  It looks like I’ll be painting this whole panel at some point.

20140826_113239_resized20140826_100537_resized

 

 

 

 

 

20140825_154457_resized20140826_100443_resized

 

 

 

 

 

20140825_153652_resized

 

 

 

 

 

Next I tackled the siding which actually went smother than expected.  Since this was the source of most of the water damage I decided to caulk under the edged of the siding beneath where the butyl/trim will go.

20140826_155402_resized20140826_163108_resized

 

 

 

 

 

20140826_155347_resized

 

 

 

 

 

Reinstalled the wiring in the rear wall.  While I wait to get my truck back I’ll be installing the lights.

20140826_163026_resized

 

 

 

 

 

Started repairs to the wood around the refrigerator vent.  The wood has been fitted, but still needs to be buttoned up.  I did find that the ceiling in the bathroom is a bit soft inside the cabinet and above the sink.

20140825_161505_resized 20140825_163038_resized

 

 

 

 

 

Lastly, I finished the top plates on the side walls, reinstalled the hatch under the sofa & started replacing all the rusted hex screws.  When I went to replace the fresh water fill I found that the hoses had been glued to the filler neck.  The hoses were pretty disgusting, so the new ones will be delivered on Friday (thanks Amazon) so I can finish that this weekend.

Rear wall up and started on the sides

It was a long weekend, but I really got a lot accomplished.  It felt like I spent most of my time going back and forth to Home Depot, but I got the floor joists fixed, section of floor replaced, and rear wall rebuilt.

I was able to get started on the side walls last night and after a long few days I finally made my first big mistake that will cost me some time.  Rushing to get a few more studs in I cut an existing board 2 inches short which will require me to rething that whole wall.

Here are some photos of my progress so far.

20140810_175633_resized 20140810_175643_resized 20140810_175628_resized 20140810_173738_resized 20140810_173713_resized 20140810_161620_resized 20140810_161603_resized 20140809_172943_resized 20140809_172955_resized 20140809_195845_resized 20140810_140755_resized